Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Two Wrongs

They say two wrongs don't make a right.

But I don't know.

Belle Starr was not like some other does. Two or three days went by and she was still looking for her babies. Everywhere she went she looked for them. In the bushes, under the porch.

Meanwhile Terra Belle, never known for her mathematics skills, could not keep track of her triplets. She even asked Poppy: "how come you have three triplets, and I only have two?"

"Because I'm smarter than you," said Poppy, chewing her cud.

Anyway, everyone except Terra Belle knows what happened next. The farmer came and took Terra Belle's tiny triplet, and gave her to Belle Starr. Everyone looked away, and when Terra Belle asked Poppy the next day why Poppy had three triplets and she only had two, Poppy had a new answer.

"Because they're quadruplets."

It isn't really right to steal someone's triplet. But was it right for Terra Belle to have three triplets, and Belle Starr to have none?

I ask you, was it right?






8 comments :

goatgirl said...

*Love*

Ozarks Goat Girl said...

YES!!!!!!!YES it was right!! I am so glad to hear of this. The siblings can still play and sleep together, Terra Belle can still enjoy her baby, but Belle Starr is no longer heartbroken and has a purpose once again. There's so much love to go around. Good move, goatfarmer!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

YES!! Thanks for making me leak tears ;) I hope sweet Belle Starr will have some peace now.

Goat Girls Rule! said...

Too precious for words!

Terry said...

Well, we all know that goats have *special* math skills. It's all or nothing, as in "I have peanuts", and "now I don't have peanuts". So, either you have kids, or you don't. It's good that all of your does have kids. The goat math adds up exactly right.

christinalfrutiger said...

Oh Yes, that was right! Very right! The best right I have heard of in a very long time! It's not right that I don't get more peanuts than I do but it is very, very right that Belle Starr got that baby!!

Queen Quattra

Marigold said...

Of course it is right. However, I do hope Belle Starr knows what she is in for. I mean that kid is really cute. Too cute. And her name is Hannah Banana. She has a legacy to uphold. Not to mention that since the year anniversary of the passing of her namesake (so to speak) has just barely passed, this could ... just maybe ... even perhaps ... be a case of reincarnation. Hmmmmm ....

P G said...

I can't tell you how often this blog brings me to tears. Too many times to count. Sometimes they are tears of the deepest sorrow, but sometimes they are tears of joy. So here I sit sobbing. Baby Belle you have the best farmer that has ever been and probably ever will be, but then again you probably already know this.