Friday, March 14, 2008

The Unicorn Hunt

Well, the farmer has started looking for a relief milker, and the way I hear it it would be a lot easier to find a unicorn. At least you would know what you were looking for: a white horse-type animal with a big horn growing out of its forehead.

A relief milker might be white, or might be any color, and might have a horn growing out of his/her head. Or might just as likely have a little hole in the head, where his/her brains fell out, because why else would anyone want to be a relief milker, since it's hard work and the pay is very minimal, and there is the added attraction of dealing with Boo the Winnebago and the Soprano family, although for all their faults the Sopranos do have excellent milk manners.

In fact that's just about all they have going for them. But anyway the hunt is on for a relief milker, so shout out if you find one and the farmer will be over to throw a rope around it and haul it off.

8 comments :

goatgirl said...

So tell me Baby Belle what does this relief milker thing involve.
I can milk, I live on the Key Peninsula and I have summers off.
And probably most important I have milked Nubians.

goatfarmer said...

oh goatgirl it is a snap, a monkey could do it, just milk a few goats (10? 14? something like that) twice a day, eight or nine of them even have pretty good manners. It is fun! You should try it! do you have a big horn growing out of your forehead?

goatgirl said...

No horn and my hair covers the hole in my head.

goatgirl said...

And Baby Belle did I forget to mention I was the 1977 Pierce County Fair Goat Milking Champion?

goatfarmer said...

yes I have my hair trained over the hole as well.

deconstructingVenus said...

Baby Belle you need a FarmMama. My mom is our pinch hitter for those rare occasions that we try to sneak out of town overnight. she grew up milking cows, so its not too much of stretch for her. We don't even have to pay her, just let her hang around the farm every other weekend or so. :)

Marigold said...

Okay, I'm stumped (Oh, Ha!Ha!Ha! Marigold - stumped...I kill me!) Is the 'relief milker' supposed to be a goat or a person???

goatfarmer said...

ideally it is a person marigold.