Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Friendly Fire Continues

Some nimble farm boys came over and this is always dangerous. Within a very short time Izzy was apprehended and carried to the barn screaming "I hate you! I hate you!"

The farmer sat with her in a stall and since she was already apprehended Izzy did not see any point in refusing treats. So she ate some grain from the farmer's hand.

"I hate you I hate you," she muttered as she chewed.

The farmer came back later with part of an apple.

"I hate you I hate you," Izzy sputtered with her mouth full.

The farmer got an actual brush and brushed Izzy. "This is a horse brush!" Izzy screamed. "I hate you!"

A bunch of bottle babies crammed into the stall with Izzy and began t-boning her because she was a new girl to them. They aren't very smart so they thought Izzy had disappeared when she went under the hay feeder. She stayed under there, looking out murderously in a very Eo-like fashion.

The farmer came back with some fir branches and the bottle babies swarmed like locusts, picking the branches clean. The farmer secretly gave Izzy some alfalfa pellets while the bottle babies were distracted.

"I hate you," Izzy murmured politely, allowing the farmer to pet her for a moment.

7 comments :

Brenda said...

Gotta watch those nimble farm boys! Having special treatment doesn't sound too bad though ... except for all those bottle-babies!

Claire MW said...

Ooooo! Sounds like the friendlies might just be starting to work this time!

Marigold said...

Ah, grasshopper. Hate is transient. Peanuts are forever (once they come out anyway.) Hold out for the Peanuts, little one. Oy-So.

goatgirl said...

I was going to suggest those nimble farm boys only because I've seen them in action.

Yang said...

They say hate and love are two sides of the same peanut, you know.

Cathy said...

The food rewards work.

Just ask my husband.

Stout Ranch said...

We nominated you an 'award'. Check out our blog for details if you choose to participate.