Sunday, July 04, 2010

Fire in the Hole

I am still here. It is 4th of july, everyone's least favorite holiday of the year. We are all getting huddled in the barn in preparation for the horrifying night of country artillery. I am going to have my kids soon but not right yet. They are not going to be the last kids of the year. Joemma is going to have kids too. The father of her babies is one of the wethers. Their tale of forbidden love will be told later. The rocket's red glare is already starting all around us. So I will say adieu for now.

7 comments :

Kathy in KY said...

Can't wait for your babies' arrival, Millie. And glad you only need to endure one night of country revelry. Take care, little one, from KY.

Melodie said...

Ohhh...a tale of forbidden love....can't wait! New babies are exciting too!

Marigold said...

Oy. PLEASE DO NOT tell me that wethers are capable of this kind of debauchery.

Millie said...

So sorry you have to put up with all that noise. I can hardly wait to see your kids.

Yang said...

Can't wait to hear the tale of the forbidden love! And now I'm looking at my wethers in a different light.... Have you considered names for your babies? Billion Belle? Gazillion Belle?

Kathy in KY said...

Marigold - thanks for visiting my blog this evening. You'll have to contact Margaret Hathaway and Karl Schatz, and set them straight on the correct use of peanuts in the rearing of goats - there's not one mention of peanuts in Living With Goats - and I think they're missing a highly important issue here. Take care, from KY.

Child Of God said...

Oh, I know. Our 20 goats have to deal with all the loud fireworks every single year...I feel so bad for them. When the noise begins, the goats are either running around in distress or they are all huddled together in their shelter. Bless their little hearts.